Saturday, February 4, 2012

Off to India, with a quick weekend with OWE before I go

I am heading to Bangalor, India tomorrow. I am traveling with the Capital Group and the Grameen Foundation. I am very excited to see the work they are doing in India.

If you are not familiar with Grameen they provide micro loans (usually a maximum of $200) to the poor in many countries. 98% of these loans go to women.

I am particularly interested in seeing Grameen's Human Capital Center which helps Micro Finance Institutions grow and develop their staff in order to help service the people. Capital has been involved in this project for several years. So a group of us are going to check out the project.

We will also see Grameen-Koota that has the specific focus of collateral free loans to women

This is going to be an exciting trip. It is my first trip to India. But before you start thinking what a great thing I am doing, I am currently publishing this from Terranea. A wonderful spa in Palos Verdes. I am here with all my friends from the Organization of Women Executives. Its a great group of women, and we are having a good time. Nice way to start a long trip.


Here are a couple more pictures from Terranea


Hard to see, but there are dolphins in this picture


No comments:

Post a Comment