Monday, February 6, 2012

Safe Arrival in Bangalor

We had an uneventful trip to Bangalor. Robyn and Peggy from Grameen met us at LAX.  It was a long crowded flight to Dubai. I was fortunate enough to have an aisle seat with no one sitting next to me. I think it was the only empty seat on the flight. Given that extra bit of space, I was easily able to sleep most of the flight. We had a quick layover in Dubai, then off to Bangalor. A group from Grameen came to pick us up at the airport in Bangalor. They were very nice. Though our driver did prove what I had read about India to be true "You don't drive with you steering wheel in India, you drive with your horn."

Bangalor is in southern India
Still we made it safely to the hotel. The hotel is not fancy, but the staff seems friendly, the rooms are quite spacious and it is clean. They even turned the hot water on early so we could get a shower right away. And as you can see, my internet connection is working! I hear the southern Indian breakfast is fabulous, so I look forward to trying it.

Never far from home: Pinkberry in Dubai
I did get confused about the time. Here we are 2 and a half hours ahead of Dubai. Although apparently there are a number of countries that aren't on the hour from GMT, this is my first experience (here GMT +5 hours 30 mins). Although given how huge the country is, and the fact that India uses only one time zone, time must be a bit off for most people here.

No comments:

Post a Comment